August 14, 2009

My Trip to Walgreens

Ok here's a long story made even longer...

Tonight I went over to my friend Monica's house to chill while Cody and his friend Travis played video games (not my cup of tea). She needed to go to Walgreens to fill up her water bottles and I told her I would go with her. We decided to walk seeing as how it would take longer to walk the length of a football field. As we were on our merry way some "bleepity bleeps" decided to throw eggs at us while they were driving approximately 50 miles an hour. I'm not good at math or anything but I do know those eggs had quite the amount of speed behind them before one hit me in the hip and the other hit me right in the arm. Monica got lucky and only got some measly splatters on her. (Its because she's not a huge target). I was IRATE! Really? Who freakin does that? Thats all I could really say. I then looked at my arm and realized, "oh well ain't that something, I'm freakin bleeding because it hit me so hard." I still can't believe it. I said many choice words but mostly to keep my kid from coming out a sailor I just mostly said, "who does that?" Just thinking about it again makes me so mad. I was covered in egg and it even got in my hair. Many of you may be laughing at how comical this is and every once in a while I'll laugh about it but to be honest, its just not that funny. Freakin immature jerks. Like what if it would've hit my stomach instead? (It probably wouldn't have done anything serious but still the thought of). It has been about 3 hours since it happened and the welt on my arm is still there and I have a massive bruise on my hip. If I get salmonella (sp?) from egg getting into broken skin, I'm going to be even more mad! Who knew walking to Walgreens UNARMED could be so dangerous! Oh and just so you know, we didn't turn around and go home, we continued to walk to walgreens covered in egg and get the water. Smelly, sticky and all.

And I know a lot of you think "oh how big could the welt really be?" I don't suggest finding out for yourself but if you do, don't use a pregnant girl as the target but I swear to you, my arm hurts SO bad. I mean come on, the eggshells broke the skin! This is probably my most dead on post I have ever done. No exaggerating here. Cody can attest to that.

7 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

I'm glad you're OK. Kind of scary. Lesson is, don't go out walking like that. Apparently you don't live in that safe of a neighborhood. Glad you're oK and hope your welts and bruises heal up soon. I swear, I'm not laughing or anything....

Jerry and Charlsye Miller said...

Hey Danica. I hope you don't mind that I was browsing and found your blog. I'm so excited for you...I didn't even know that you were going to be having a baby. I hope all goes well. CONGRATS!!! You're almost there!

C said...

Who does that?! To a girl for one, plus a pregnant girl! I'm sure you were so mad. I'm mad now just reading about it! Idiots. Hope you arm feels better soon.

Jessica Caldwell said...

I can't believe someone would do that, I'm sorry that would have been scary. What did Cody say when you told him?

Anonymous said...

Moral of the story - don't walk the streets of Glendale. Just be thankful it was eggs and not bullets that hit you. Lesson learned? And you don't make a big target and I am pissed too. Dad

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Only you, Danica. J/K That really is aweful! Welcome to Glendale. We had our car stolen, our windows shot out and our apartment set on fire when we lived in the city, but I was never egged!

Liz said...

That's awful! I'm so sorry and really find NO humor in it at all. You or the baby or both of you could have really been hurt. I'm glad it's not any worse than it was. I wouldn't walk any where again. RaLee gets so angry with me because I never let her walk to places. I let her go to Crystal's one night on a bike and I prayed the entire time until I knew she was there safe and sound. Hope your bruises heal soon.