September 27, 2009
September 24, 2009
I say that with a total sound of doubt and apprehension! I'm on the waiting list to get induced today so after a couple text messages waking me up this morning, I got up and got ready. Hurry up and wait right? Thats exactly what I'm doing. I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me complain about this so lets just all hope they call today so we can get this baby thing on a move!
The only good thing about not being able to sleep last night was the infomercials on the Cricut Expressions machine. It was time well wasted and then I fell asleep and dreamt about all the cool things I could do with said machine. Oh one day.
September 23, 2009
September 22, 2009
There hasn't been any progress made. His head is still floating around. I'm not dialated nor am I effaced more. They did an ultrasound. Looks healthy and excellent so they don't mind if I stay pregnant longer. I guess my opinion about my body does not concern them whatsoever! The estimated weight is 8.2 pounds. (Bigger than your average watermelon) He has the chubbiest cheeks and loves kicking me in the ribs when I sleep. Thank you son.I'm on stand by to get induced on Thursday so really it could end up being Friday. Not too sure. Waiting for the doctor to call me back on that one. I will not be put on the back burner.
40 Weeks AND 2 Days
September 16, 2009
haha...he says it all the time and we find it humorous.
So today's appointment was discouraging and I left in tears. I am impatient and I guess some would say unrealistic but come on already! I am still only 70% effaced and my cervix CLOSED! Yes Closed. It was a 1 last week. I'm glad to know at least one of us in comfortable in this 9 month stage but the kid just ain't budging! If I do not go into labor on my own by next week, the doc will induce labor Thursday night at about 11 pm. Good. Who needs sleep that last night right? I am scheduled for an ultra sound Monday afternoon and if there are any type of problems...amniotic fluid, umbilical cord not supplying enough blood...ya know...then they'll induce me on Monday. I am still praying that it will happen sooner than that and I won't have to go to more doctor appointments but obviously my plan just isn't taking place whatsoever. So...."there's the thing" or "now you know the rest of the story". Take care y'all and PLEASE OH PLEASE PRAY HE COMES ON HIS OWN THIS WEEKEND!
Taralee: "How are you feeling?"
Me: "Pretty good. Having period feeling contractions. Thats all. Braxton hicks a lot."
Taralee: "You change his name more times than I change my underwear."
Me: "How do you figure? Braxton hicks are what the contractions are called you idiot."
Taralee: "LOL. So Funny."
Me: "So stupid. Thats going on the blog."
Taralee: "Haha. I'm laughing so hard right now. I didn't read any of the prego books so I don't know the terms. And I thought you meant to write kicks and not hicks."
Hilarious! She's silly most of the time but she still offers great advice and makes things awfully comical!
September 10, 2009
September 8, 2009
Remember that stack of left over decorations that I purposely put where I would trip over them a few times a day...well they all found a home yesterday afternoon. That was my "labor" for the day. Do any of the pictures frames have pictures? Nope. But they're hanging and thats all I care about for now. No more toe stubbing in the middle of the night.
Congratulations are an order!
September 5, 2009
- We went swimming yesterday at a resort with Ryan and Shannon and company.
- I ate 4 slices of Papa Johns Pizza and a Dr. Pepper and a handful of peanut butter M&Ms.
- Got home at 9 ish.
- Tried on my new nursing g's. Too big. Annoyed about it.
- Stayed up and read till 11 about Labor and Delivery. Not a good mind relaxer.
- 11:13 headed to bed.
- Checked the clock again at 11:53...still wide awake.
- Finally drifted off after singing primary songs such as: I am a Child of God, I Like to Look for Rainbows, A Child's Prayer and I Love to See the Temple.
- 2:27 woke up as if it were 10:00 in the morning but with real bad acid reflex (sp?). Thank you Papa. Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. My big toe.
- Made chocolate milk.
- Killed two freakin cock roaches. (didn't do the dishes before bed)
- ATTEMPTED bed again. Laid and Laid and thought about everything in the world including labor, tearing, breast feeding, knowing when labor starts and all that. Dixie Chicks song, "I Can Love You Better" was stuck in my head.
- Almost in la la land. I could feel that floating feeling when the kid woke up. He loves chocolate milk. He'll be disappointed when he drinks my milk I guess.
- Tossed and Turned. Had to pee.
- Back to bed. Got so comfy. Said yet another prayer to fall asleep. 4:07 dying of thirst. Got up for more water. Didn't even look for cock roaches this time.
- Back to bed. It was happening. I was excited when I hear a loud, "BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" Thank you Cody's phone and friend for texting at 4:15. Very thoughtful. Kid is awake again and kicking me in the ribs now. Feels amazing.
- I've given up on the idea of sleep and just decided to lay there till morning. Cody had a nightmare and flew out of bed which startled me of course. He wiped his sweaty brow on me. Gross.
- 5:15 Cody's alarm goes off and he told me how tired he was. I barely had a decent response.
- Got up with Cody and now blogging and watching the early show. Its 5:52 and I'm starving. I'm going to be pretty edgey today. Look out....consider that your warning.
It doesn't seem too bad once its written down but I know everyone has had a night like this. Aren't they the best? I would rather have to be staying up like this with a newborn...not JUST BECAUSE! $#%&*!#$%&*!&$*#!@#$*&%$@!!!!!!!!!
September 3, 2009
September 1, 2009
I remember back when the little ticker on my blog said 190 days and I thought that was close and now its only 19! Boy oh boy! We're definitely getting anxious and my mind is full of, "so how does this really work? I have to push him out of me? Is that really possible?" Yesterday at my appointment the doc told me I'm almost dialated to a 1 and almost effaced 25%. Hey we'll take it because I better not be having contractions for nothing. We asked if I could be to a 4 by next week and she said, "There's no way." I like to think I'm an over achiever and WILL be that far along....of course I'm also a doubter so I doubt I will be. haha.
I remember growing up my cousins decided to remodel their single wide trailer into more of a home when the wife was about oh 9 months pregnant and I kinda thought she was crazy. Well we're not remodeling a house but we are refinishing some more furniture...as if doing it when I was 7 months along wasn't hard enough. I'm really excited though. It was a junky antique hutch (china cabinet for those who need it dumbed down) and it is turning into a real nice piece of furniture who will soon call lots of dishes spread throughout my front room and kitchen home! I can't wait. I also can't wait for the fumes to disperse a little more so I don't go to bed with a headache every night. To keep me motivated to finish it, Cody helps me do the maneuvering and sanding and I do the painting and staining. I'm happy with any extra help. I do wish he could do the whole thing but I'm too much of a perfectionist and pretty darn picky so he just says, "you handle it." and I do. Oh and he also bought me the cutest knobs for the drawers and cupboards. It was my "allowance" for like the next three years. haha jk....probably four!
(I've had relatives call me TJ for Tamra Junior. Can't imagine why. ....but I do have a moo moo now just like her. And yes Cody and my Dad both think they are the ugliest things ever.)
Thats it for now. I'm going to attempt sleeping.