August 20, 2009

My Nights

Cody has to wake up at 4:00 every morning so he usually goes to bed fairly early, resulting in no one making me go to bed so I stay up late usually reading about pregnancy or the Ensign. So about 11:30 I go to sleep and toss and turn until I find that perfect comfy place which happens to be border line middle of the bed. Poor Cody always wakes up on the edge but I just say its the pregnancy.

  • About the time I start drifting off, the sumo wrestlers above us starting walking around and shake our house and with my super sonic hearing I hear every single noise.
  • Somehow I finally fall asleep and as soon as the REM sleep is over, I'm up peeing.
  • Then it takes another hour to fall asleep because the baby thinks its time to play and kick me as hard as he can
  • Finally fall asleep, Cody's alarm goes off and the sumo wrestlers are having a match
  • Pee again
  • Play time once again
  • Realize how much my shoulders, hips and collar bones kill
  • Sun coming up by now and I pray one more time to fall back asleep
  • Want to roll onto my back and just tell myself only 4+ weeks
  • Back asleep until about 8:30 and then I just give up
  • Eat breakfast and drink my fiber water
  • Ready for a nap
  • Pathetic

I would rather just stay up all night and scrapbook or quilt or........or........or........anything but oh yeah those things are only expensive.

Once again....only 4+ weeks.

I'm not looking for sympathy, just voicing my frustrations and writing it down for the kids sake.

3 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

You are so funny, Danica. I love the way you write everything. So entertaining. Hang in there. I LOVE the quilt. It is just beautiful. Baby is going to love it, I'm sure. You are so talented!!!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

What is it about the middle of the bed being the most comfy spot while pregnant?? Ryan hates that!

Liz said...

This is going to post under Liz but it's Jessica I forgot to sign her out before I began.

Ok not to be the sad sack but in four weeks you honestly won't remember what sleep is so I say REST UP as much as you can if your baby is anything like my two you won't sleep until he is five then you will probably have another one on top of him so SLEEP NOW as much as you can heck don't even get out of your PJ'