February 16, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

Cody was lucky enough to have the day off even though he had to study the whole time. I had to go to work and clean my little heart but I was home by five. I began to put the key in the door when it just flew open! Cody said I was home way too early and he wasn't ready. Then I looked at the kitchen table and there was a dozen red roses and a bag of sweettarts. My absolute favorite for Valentine's! I looked and said, "OH YAY sweettarts!!" He was shocked at my reaction but yes the flowers are gorgeous and smell so good.


Well I got myself ready for dinner and a movie oh and Goodwill. Cody had dinner on the table by then which was a full chicken and some rice, sparkling grape juice and we topped it off with my homemade cheesecake that my mom has made for my dad for 30 years so I've been carrying on the tradition. Hey its cheap and easy and tastes amazing! We went to Goodwill and bought some two kid books that are classics and then went to the movie, "Confessions of a Shopaholic". Its a pretty cute movie. We came home and I crashed (so romantic) but I loved the evening with Mr. Cody. He is such a kind and sweet man and has no problem telling me and showing me how much he loves me. He's such a giver (and I the taker). I love him so much and I love how much our relationship has grown.

7 comments:

Liz said...

How sweet of him! So glad you blog it because trust me one day you won't remember details. (it's an old thing) Anyway so glad you had a nice evening! Danica the more I read your blog the more you remind me of Crystal...her all time favorite candy is sweet tarts and she LOVES the Easter ones that look like little chicks too. When she gets in a mood for them she will hunt high and low for someone that sells the big round chewy sweet tarts. Again glad you had a nice evening.

Taralee said...

ahhhh...you guys are TOO cute! That cheesecake looks amazing. From the looks of it, it WAS amazing. ha ha.
You are beautiful! I hope you had a great Heart Day! I love you guys.
CODY- thanks for taking care of Nica! You are a great guy!

Tamra and Jim said...

what a nice valentines you had. The dinner looks delicious. I am making dad's cheesecake today since we were gone on Valentines day. So we have that to look forward to tonight. I'm glad you had a special day.

Rustino Scar said...

ohh...look at you two. so cute. and look how much of that cheesecake you devoured. I'm impressed, my little Sugar Plump. :) You are looking great!

Kristen said...

I think I have a plate from that set.

Tamra and Jim said...

Kristen, are you saying you have a plate from the set that the pie was in??? haha Or were you referring to the dinner plates? I'm thinking you meant the tin pie pan..... :D

Lamar Echols said...

Sounds like an awesome Valentines Day. I'm glad it was awesome. We had to celebrate early this year because we were watching my brothers kids. I enjoyed the story about Kix Brooks. It made me laugh.