August 3, 2008

PBR

These are pictures I got with my phone. I forgot to take batteries for my camera. Duh.



On August 2, 2008, we went to the PBR at the Jobing.com Arena in Glendale. We didn't think we would be able to get in but we got some cheap tickets. It was actually pretty cool and I couldn't believe that there was hardly any country. Maybe two songs. They had more rap than anything...because well its not like country music gets your blood going....it just gets the tears flowing mostly. The clown was real funny to watch. He was constantly dancing or telling jokes. During a commercial break he danced to "Thriller" by Michael Jackson. He was so good at doing the moon walk. Then another time he was being Vanilla Ice (a redneck one) and was singing. Then they turned off the music and he kept going. He knew it all. One guy rode 8 seconds on his last bull and when it flung him off he flew in the air. He looked like an acrobat. Then he ran to the middle of the arena and decided to do a back flip off the platform they had in the middle but he didn't quite make it and landed right on his side. He was so humiliated. Everyone was laughing! The clown about lost it. Oh it was hilarious. They replayed it on the big screen like 5 times. That poor cowboy's pride was damaged! If I could go again, I totally would. I really enjoyed.


Oh and just a side story. When got up to our seats and there were two cowboys in our seats but not a big deal-there were a lot of empty ones around so we sat 2 seats away. During the show more people filed in but still...a ton of empty chairs in the nose bleed section which is where we were. Then about an hour into the show these two huge Indian ladies come in and I guess they got assigned the same seats we did. They made us move and for the rest of the night, Cody had about half his chair cuz the lady was flopping into his. Lovely. It was just annoying cuz there were rows and rows of empty chairs around us. We were gonna get up and move ourselves but we didn't want to insult them.

5 comments:

Tamra said...

the PBR looks like so much fun. I hope we can go with you next time. Sounds like the clown was great. Too bad about your seat mate, Cody. haha

Tamra said...

I LOVE your new blog layout. It looks so pretty.

David and Tia Palmer said...

Hi Danica! I am so happy I found your blog! Hope things are going well down there-We miss you!! Tia

Corri said...

Ummm...is that a giant floating cow? I love it. :D

Anonymous said...

Your blog is pretty much hilarious and it's too bad that we don't really know each other because I think we could be pretty good friends. Crazy ones, but it'd be fun! (P.S- I'm from Show Low, too... don't you wish you knew who I was???)