January 12, 2011

Granddaddy's Funeral

Last Wednesday, my Granddaddy left this Earth. His health has not been good for the past couple years and it quickly took a turn for the worst. My parents left as soon as they could but within an hour the word was out that he had passed. It wasn't easy news to hear even though he is in a better place and is no longer in pain.


It worked out that I was able to hitch a ride with my brother Ryan for the 12 hour drive to Odessa, TX. It just seemed like another visit to Texas until the viewing the next day. It was nice to see how peaceful he looked and to feel the spirit comfort me and my family. Even during such a sad time, the family still has an awesome time laughing and laughing. I've never laughed and cried so much in such a short time frame. What a blessing Granddaddy was to so many people. I wish my kids could've known how funny he was and what an amazing person he was.

0 comments: